INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Start Date: As soon as possible to April 17, 2018
The Budget and Financial Analyst supports (i) the budget administration process including the development of the annual budget, (ii) the preparation and updating of College forecasts, (iii) preparation of College reports including quarterly financial reports and budget reports, and (iv) the budget-to-actual review process, all according to established College policies and procedures. This position also performs analyses of financial and budgetary data, including reconciliation and variance analyses, and ensures necessary documentation is maintained.
Education & Experience
- Two year accounting diploma or enrolment in a professional accounting program in CGA Level 3 or CMA Level 4 or higher.
- Four (4) years of recent related experience working in a Windows environment using spreadsheet software and integrated financial database, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of budget, finance, accounting and control procedures, principles and practices.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of other computer applications such as Word, MS Access, Internet, and email.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create, develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and prepare related analyses.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in managing and reporting salary, budget, and other financial information.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance and in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and ability to prepare accurate and timely budget and financial information within targeted deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups, including all members of the College.
- Ability to assess user needs and respond as required, i.e. budget setup, account setup/advice on how to record financial data.
- Ability to apply a variety of policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Salary Range: $1,752.79 - $2,009.26 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 22)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:15pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: March 22, 2017
Competition No.: C042-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.