Start Date: As soon as possible (2 year term)
Reporting to the Division Chair, this position provides advice and assistance to current and prospective students seeking information about courses and programs in the Langara School of Management (“LSM”). Additionally, this position engages in marketing and promotional activities for the LSM Advising Team. The individual works closely with the LSM leadership team and provides administrative support to the School of Management Chairs and Coordinators.
Education & Experience
- B.A. preferred, and/or two (2) year diploma in a related field such as, business, marketing, sales or human resources.
- Four (4) years recent related experience advising and providing direct services to students in an educational setting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced computer skills using computer applications including word processing (MS Word), WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Cascade.
- Previous experience working with admissions requirements, registration procedures, course transfer policies, course prerequisites, student support services, financial aid and general college policies considered an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with tact, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent English skills
- Proven organization, prioritization, time-management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Proven presentation skills and interviewing techniques.
- Accurate keyboarding skills (50 wpm).
- Ability to write, revise and proofread promotional materials.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate with sensitivity when dealing with students requiring special assistance or accommodation.
Salary Range: $1,761.55 - $2,019.30 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 22 – Under Review)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am - 4:45 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: April 19, 2017
Competition No.: C053-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.