Job Title: Instructor, Kinesiology
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Description of Position:
The Department of Kinesiology at Langara College invites applications for a sessional instructor for KINS 2261 (Health Policy and Society). The course description is available online at www.langara.bc.ca.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the following topics:
- the historical, economic, political and sociological factors that have shaped health, leisure, and sport delivery systems in Canada;
- the population health approach and development of health policies within a social context;
- the relationship between health, physical activity, sport and recreation in Canada;
- the current status, trends, and issues in leisure delivery systems, including high performance sport.
The instructor will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of lecture material; the design, set-up, and delivery of group and individual activities; and the preparation, delivery, and grading of assignments and exams.
- A Master’s Degree in Kinesiology or Sociology or Population/Public Health with a focus on research pertaining to the socio-cultural study of health and physical activity, or sport and physical activity is required. Master’s Degrees which are thesis-based and which require the recipient to have conducted research are preferred over Master’s Degrees which require course-work, only. A Doctorate Degree is preferred over a Master’s Degree.
- The candidate must have experience teaching courses pertaining to Canadian Health Policy and the socio-cultural study of recreation, sport and physical activity at an accredited post-secondary institution. The candidate should also have experience in the instruction of domestic and international students from a wide array of cultural backgrounds.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are currently conducting or have recently conducted research and have published or are expecting to publish their research in peer-reviewed academic journals.
Length of appointment:
Start Date: May 1 – August 31, 2017, with the possibility of extension.
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Dana Maslovat, Chair of the Department of Kinesiology at firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition No.: F007-17
Deadline: February 17, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.