INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: Instructor, Early Childhood Education
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time, 1/8 of Full-Time
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Early Childhood Education
Description of Position:
Instructor to teach in a term position for the May to August (summer), and September to December (fall) semesters in the Early Childhood Education program. The successful candidate will be able to teach the nutrition component of ECED 1325 - Health, Nutrition and Safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and /or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Early Childhood Education department, the Faculty of Social Sciences and Management, and the College.
- An appropriate Master’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
- A Registered Dietitian in British Columbia.
- Experience teaching adults at a college, or in-service work related training.
Length of appointment: May 1 – December 31, 2017 May lead to regular and continuing work in the department.
Start Date: May 1, 2017.
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, including photocopies of transcripts, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F013-17
Deadline: March 10, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.