Job Title: Instructor, Business Management
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Business Management and International Business
Description of Position:
The Langara School of Management (LSM) Business Management & International Business Department is recruiting Instructors.
All candidates are requested to review the BUSM courses (http://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/courses/BUSM/index.html ) to determine which course(s) they feel best suited to teach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Langara School of Management, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a related field
- Both an undergraduate degree and graduate degree, one at least in business or commerce
- 5 years of professional experience directly related to the relevant course(s)
- Experience should include middle or senior managerial positions or extensive consulting work at a senior level
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred, ideally in any or all of the subject areas of the above courses
Length of appointment: September 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
Start Date: September 1, 2017
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F019-17
Deadline: April 10, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.