**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Start Date: May 1, 2017
The Program Manager is accountable for the management of Unique Offerings Programs by overseeing their administration, program development, human resources, budgets, and marketing. This position involves preparing detailed expenditure and revenue plans for each educational offering. The Program Manager advises Continuing Studies (“CS”) management in the preparation and administration of budgets and reporting for all CS programs and services. This position liaises closely with Financial Services management and CS management, particularly the Program Managers and Coordinators, to provide guidance in the monitoring and maintenance of CS budget, financial, and administrative matters.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a related area such as Business Administration, with preference for specialization in Finance or Accounting.
- Eight (8) years relevant experience in an organizational management, mid-level financial or office administration environment.
- Experience in an adult education setting is desirable.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting and management, control and reporting procedures, practices and policies.
- Knowledge of performance management, internal control systems and procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise computerized information systems used in financial and accounting applications.
- Experience managing, recruiting, supervising, and working with the evaluation and discipline of staff.
- Experience managing an operational budget.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency MS Office including spreadsheet (i.e., Excel) and relational database (i.e., Access) software to compile, quantify, and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, and/or projections.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others, providing clear and accurate information, both verbally, writing, and through group presentations.
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage a team to meet organizational goals in a dynamic, market driven environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Ability to assess community trends/issues and their impact on education institutions.
- Proven decision-making, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to meet changing priorities and deadlines while making responsible and non-routine decisions.
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement new strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing and assigning work.
- Effective time management skills to handle dynamic and frequently changing priorities.
- Proven creative leadership ability.
Salary Range: $2,570.83 - $3,213.54 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade O)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: April 24, 2017
Competition No.: A018-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.