Temporary, Part-Time (.6 FTE)
Start Date: As soon as possible to August 31, 2017
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the design, development, organization, promotion, implementation and evaluation of one or more specific programs within Langara College Continuing Studies (CS). In this position, the coordinator is responsible for the Supply Chain and Logistics Post-Degree Diploma Program.
Responsibilities include identifying learning needs of students, analysing and utilizing market trends, seeking input from external content experts and relevant internal sources; recruiting and selecting instructors and other pertinent personnel, and inputting course and instructor data into the College computer system. The Program Coordinator is accountable for strategic scheduling of program offerings, optimal enrolments, cost recovery plus revenue generation and adherence to approved Continuing Studies operational procedures and guidelines. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for student admissions process, recording keeping and report generation.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education or Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Specialized training in Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Four (4) years work experience related to program and/or project coordination; plus 3 years work experience related specifically to the content area.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web and print publishing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/course development, scheduling, market characteristics and supervision and evaluation practices.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary adult education principles.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, market driven environment.
- Management and leadership skills to direct a team to meet organizational goals, including strong skills in supervision, training, and discipline.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to monitor a budget.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven event management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people who have limited English language proficiency.
Salary Range: $2,245.00 - $2,806.24 Bi-Weekly, to be prorated based on .6 FTE workload (Pay Grade L)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Monday, Wednesday and Friday (.6 FTE), however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 19, 2017
Competition No.: A007-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.