Program Coordinator, Custom & Corporate Training
Start Date: As soon as possible – December 1, 2017
Reporting to a Program Manager or the Dean, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the promotion, design, organization, implementation and evaluation of two areas within Langara College Continuing Studies (CS). In this position, the Program Coordinator is responsible for Custom & Corporate Training as well as the Online Professional Sales Certificate Program.
In the Custom & Corporate Training area, responsibilities include identifying needs and developing training solutions for businesses in the Lower Mainland. The Program Coordinator designs courses and programs based on the needs of each client. When developing courses and program, the Program Coordinator will recruit and select instructors and other pertinent personnel to fulfil training programs for our external clients.
The Program Coordinator is also accountable for planning and strategic scheduling of the online sales course offerings for the general public, ensuring optimal enrolments, cost recovery plus revenue generation and adherence to approved Continuing Studies operational procedures and guidelines
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education or Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Four (4) years work experience related to educational programing and/or project coordination.
- At least two years of related work experience in business development, sales or marketing.
- Previous experience working at a private or public education institution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including advanced word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the D2L (Desire2Learn) learning management system.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web and print publishing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/course development, scheduling, market characteristics and supervision and evaluation practices.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary adult education principles.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, market driven environment.
- Management and leadership skills to direct a team to meet organizational goals, including strong skills in supervision, training, and sales / business development.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedure and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to monitor a budget.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven event management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people who have limited English language proficiency
Salary Range: $2,245.00 - $2,806.24 Bi-weekly (Pay Grade L)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: March 20, 2017
Competition No.: A012-17We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce