**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Manager of International Student Services, the International Student Coordinator (ISC) is a member of the International Student Services Team. The ISC is one of five positions that provide day-to-day service, support and information to Langara College’s international student population. Position provides information to international students including pre-arrival resources, course registration, student engagement resources, medical insurance, referrals to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) resources, cross-cultural adaption, etc. This position supports international students’ adjustment to Langara and increases their engagement in extracurricular activities through development and delivery of various programs and workshops.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline such as Social Services, Social Science, Humanities or International Education field.
- Over two years of related experience in a cross-cultural educational setting with experience in the design, planning, and delivery of support services/programs and workshops to students, preferably international students.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certification from Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) as a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) OR Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA), a preferred asset.
- General knowledge of other cultures, their history, religions, norms and customs.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in the use of computer applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), e-mail and Internet searching.
Skills & Abilities
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages is preferred: Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese or Russian.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, including cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to research, design and present program information.
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance and related services to international students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a student service team, as well as independently.
- Ability to provide leadership in organizing and motivating individuals and groups of people.
- Hold a valid passport and be able to acquire a visa into countries that the College fosters relationships.
- Able to travel provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Have no criminal record that would interfere with carrying out duties of the job.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident in Canada or hold a valid Canadian Work Permit.
- May be required to work some non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
- Vacation time will need to coincide with low service periods and not in conflict with the other staff vacation requests.
- Ability to physically handle heavy materials and/or equipment (i.e. promotional materials, display stands for student events).
Salary Range: $1,768.14 - $2,210.17 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade H)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Competition No.: A014-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.