Dates: April 3, 2017 to July 31, 2017
The Program Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of the Explore Program. In conjunction with the Manager, International Education manages the recruitment, orientation, supervision, and development of contract staff.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline such as Education, Cross-cultural Studies, Area Studies, or International Education field.
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) certification or equivalent required.
- 4 years of recent related experience in International Education including: the coordination of ESL programs including program design, curriculum development, budgeting, hiring, instructor training and assessment, and program evaluation; and also international experience teaching ESL.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and mediation in a cross-cultural setting.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of computer applications including: word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), database management (MS Access), e-mail, and Internet navigation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, including cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to make presentations and speak persuasively in public.
- Must have good interpersonal skills combined with an understanding of diversity, and cross-cultural conflict management and mediation skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all parties with sensitivity to cultural differences in limited English language environments.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationships at all levels, both within and outside the organization including students, faculty, and administrators.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills and ability to manage a crisis situation.
- Ability to communicate in French an asset.
The Program Co-ordinator will be required to work some non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
Salary Range: $1,873.98 - $2,342.47 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade I)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. Ability to work occasional evening shifts and weekends may be required. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 17, 2017
Competition No.: A005-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.