Start Date: April 1, 2017
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Langara College Foundation, the Development Officer – Donor Relations and Annual Giving, is responsible for the development and activation of comprehensive plans for cultivating prospects, manage gifts and steward donors. This position is a key point of contact between donors and College staff in support of the Foundation’s advancement activities. The Development Officer is also responsible for annual, monthly, tribute and online fundraising activities in support of Langara College and manages the Foundation’s responsibilities to the scholarships, bursaries and awards program.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, fundraising, or a related discipline.
- Completion of or working towards completion of a CRFE certification an asset.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related fundraising experience preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with fundraising databases such as Banner or Raiser’s Edge.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and has the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with donors, co-workers and other campus departments.
- Ability to execute a variety of complex projects and meet imposed timelines.
- Ability to work independently while exercising good judgment at all times.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and strategy development skills.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- Superior use of diplomacy and persuasive negotiating skills in contacts with donors and prospective donors.
- High energy, with the ability to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to interact successfully with diverse clientele, confidently selecting the correct approach.
- Ability to establish performance goals and timelines.
- Exhibit high quality of donor/client service.
- Achievement of established fundraising goals and overall objectives.
- Quality and quantity of work performed.
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing innovative procedures to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering effective presentations.
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously within a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and safeguard confidential information and exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to act with independence of judgment with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate working level with MS Office including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- This position may work non-traditional hours on days leading up to the event and on the day of the event.
- Must have a current Class 5 BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle as there may be travelling required for donor meetings within the Lower Mainland, off-campus or possibly out-of-town.
Salary Range: $2,127.38 - $2,659.25 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade K)
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 22, 2017
Competition No.: A010-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.